Tuesday 1 March 2011

Running from the Net

I am aware of how young I actually am. At 21 years of age I hope to be alive for a great many years yet. But I have recently been thinking of what it is that I want to achieve within those years. In my life so far I have never really left the safety net that is family and that of the familiar. I have reached a point somewhere in the past 6 months where the unachievable, the unknown and that which has always been beyond my reach, is now clearly outlined on the horizon. I believe that my ship is no longer becalmed, but has a strong wind in it's sails and that some of things I have long wanted to try, but been to afraid of reaching for, will very soon be clearly within sight.

With that in mind, I have decided to share with you my 'List of things I shall do one day'. This list contains things that I can achieve on my own, with willpower, hardwork and the right motivation. You will not find on this list the standard "be married, have 2.5 kids' thing or even 'be in a relationship'. These are not achievable goals. They are dreams and wishes and hopes. As much as I would like my life to head in that direction at some point, there are just no guarantees. Unlike everything else on my list these things are not a certainty.

Without much further fuss and bother, here is my list of 'Things I Shall do one day':

  • Run a marathon.
  • Write a book (possibly based on the material within my blogs).
  • Travel-New York, London, Egypt, Europe, Stonehenge, Outback Australia
  • Own a house (near the beach).
  • Go to a concert
  • Make my weight loss blog public (sorry folks, can't let you read that one without giving away my indentity).
  • Learn to walk in heels/wear make-up.
  • Write an erotic story (or two).
  • Road trip!
  • Move away from this town and out of my safety net- Geelong? Melbourne?
  • Find the elusive cookbooks.
  • Live independantly e.g without any financial assistance.
Well there we go, nothing really to do with dating or sex or any of that subject unless you decide to count the erotic story. But it's my blog, so I shall do what I like. I will point out that many of these are long term goals but I know I will achieve them eventually. Over time I imagine this list will grow and evolve just as I continue to do so in my everyday life, but right now, this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment